Bob Hart’s Barbecue Unplugged
- This is the book Australian barbecue enthusiasts have not only been waiting for, but have been dreaming about: a comprehensive and inspirational celebration of the joys of cooking, brilliantly, out of doors and over solid fuel
- And of course, it is the work of national barbecue hero Bob Hart his third, smoky offering after his seminal best sellers, Heat & Smoke and Heat & Smoke II
- Naturally, it is packed with fresh and innovative ideas, mountains of ingenuity and originality, and Hart’s sparkling wit. Inevitably, it is exquisitely photographed by Melbourne ace Manuela Cifra and deliciously designed by Dot Alcaide, the dream team!
- And then there is the food… There are techniques and creations here that no other barbecue book has tackled, all shaped around Hart’s passion for flavours, textures and revelations: try his lobster tails roasted over hickory, or his reverse-seared steaks with Japanese or even Thai inflections; or the ways in which he works a touch of wood-smoke into prawn-and-corn tacos, or into flawless Peking duck. Or even into the best tandoori chicken you have ever eaten. Brisket is slow-cooked to Asian perfection over charcoal, and an impeccable peach cobbler, also, is gently baked over the coals: it’s all here, and it’s UNPLUGGED! And yes, you will be entertained
- But you will also be entranced. And inspired. We promise!
8 in stock